Visa to Ukraine upon arrival in the airports "Boryspil" (KBP) and "Odesa" (ODS) (In case of exceptions)
Types, categories and validity of visas on arrival
MFA visa divisions at border check points at "Boryspil" / "Odesa" international airports issue:
1) single-entry short-term (C type) visas valid for 15 days:
- to applicants who enter Ukraine with diplomatic / official purpose upon invitation of Ukraine’s state authorities;
- to applicants who enter Ukraine in order to render assistance in eliminating the aftermath of an emergency/accident in Ukraine;
- to applicants who enter Ukraine for urgent medical treatment or participation in the burial of a close relative in Ukraine;
- to pilots and other aircraft crew members carrying out international flights (upon pilot’s license or a Flight Crew Member Certificate issued in line with the Convention on International Civil Aviation).
2) single-entry transit (B type) visas valid for up to 5 days to crew members of foreign vessels staying in Ukraine’s ports (upon an extract from the shipboard list).
Visa application registration (the fastest way to apply)
MFA’s advice to all applicants is to fill in and register their visa applications for the relevant Embassy/Consulate/MFA division at an airport/Visa Centre online at http://visa.mfa.gov.ua.
Registering, printing, signing and bringing your visa application form along with your supporting documents will make the application process easier and save your time.
Supporting documents and visa fees
According to Ukraine’s Visa Rules all applicants should provide the following documents in order to apply for their visa:
1) passport/travel document which should comply with these requirements:
- be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from Ukraine;
- have at least 2 pages free from any visas/marks/stamps;
- be issued for no more than 10 years.
3) 1 applicant’s photo (35 * 45 mm);
4) proof that the applicant is a holder of (or is entitled to benefit from) a valid medical/travel insurance policy to cover Ukraine and the period of stay (the policy should provide a minimum of €30 000 or equivalent coverage). Holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement;
5) proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of stay (e.g. bank statement for 2 recent months, cash in Ukrainian hryvnia/other convertible currency, bank cards along with current/savings account balance statements provided the bank cards can be cashed in Ukraine, hotel/accommodation booking, letter from the applicant’s employer/sponsor confirming their coverage of applicant’s expenses in Ukraine, a return/transit ticket etc). For more details on this requirement please see the Procedure for Providing Sufficient Funds by Foreigners and Stateless Persons Entering, Staying in, Transiting through or Leaving Ukraine approved by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine no.884 of 4 December 2013 (in Ukrainian).
According to the above mentioned Procedure 15-day stay in Ukraine should be supported by at least $750.00.
6) paid visa fee receipt. MFA visa divisions charge 2550 UAH fee for processing visa applications (unless stipulated otherwise by Ukraine’s international treaties).
Fees are not refunded in case of visa refusal.
Along with the mentioned documents applicants are expected to submit documents confirming the purpose of their planned visit to Ukraine.
For short-term (C type) visas these include:
- a letter of Ukraine’s state authorities with a request to issue a visa to an applicant arriving to Ukraine with a diplomatic/official purpose;
- a letter of Ukraine’s State Emergency Service with a request to issue a visa to an applicant entering Ukraine in order to render assistance in eliminating the aftermath of an emergency/accident in Ukraine;
- document(s) confirming applicant’s need for urgent medical treatment or participation in the burial of a close relative in Ukraine;
- pilot’s license or a Flight Crew Member Certificate issued in line with the Convention on International Civil Aviation (for visa applications of pilots and other aircraft crew members carrying out international flights).
Crew members of foreign vessels staying in Ukraine’s ports should provide an extract from the shipboard list for their single-entry transit (B type) visas.
Please note that applicants may be asked to provide other additional documents confirming the purpose of their visit to Ukraine.
Application processing times
MFA visa divisions at border check points at "Boryspil" and "Odesa" international airports process visa applications and make visa decisions on the day of application.